- It is proved that wine production began in Georgia 8 millennia ago
- There exist 2500 grape varieties and 500 out of these belongs to Georgia
- There are only three technologies for the production of wine. Kakhetian, European and
- For making wine, they use Kvevri - a large wine-jar that is buried in the ground.
the most ideal temperature for wine to age.
- UNESCO has recognized the Qvevri as a cultural heritage.
- Many people think: the older the wine, the more unique it is.
However, no! There are wine varieties in
Georgia that lose their exquisite taste over time
- In addition to Red and White wines, there are Rosé, Orange, Black and
Green wines in Georgia.
- The most useful is red wine, as it increases hemoglobin.
- Every grape juice is colorless. Grape Skin gives the color to the wine.
- The most expensive wine is Usakhelauri, as it is made from the rarest grape variety.
Usakhelauri translated from Georgian means "Nameless"
For those who do not know...